5th grade competition is Monday, April 3, 5:30pm at AmTech
3rd/4th grade competition is Tuesday, April 4, 5:30pm at AmTech
Students will stay after school and will be bused to the competition.
We will be eating pizza for supper and practicing for our battles.
Students who participate in Battle of the Books will . . .
- Start reading NOW!
- Read 10 books (the same books as everyone else in Amarillo ISD).
- To read the eBook, log in to MackinVia on the library home page and search for the title.
- Take notes and write questions about the books as you read.
- (Questions are written in the same style used in the competition. "In which book does ...? The answer is the TITLE & AUTHOR of the book.)
- Attend meetings to practice and prepare for competition.
- Discuss the books with your friends and teammates.
- Read your “expert” books again . . . and again . . . and again!
- Eat Pizza for supper with your teammates on the night of your tournament!
- Compete with other schools in Amarillo by answering questions about the books.